COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Chaken may collect personal information from you including your name, address, phone and other contact details, occupation, email address, merchandise information, and method of payment. Chaken may also collect transaction information relating to your purchases with Chaken and your preferences.
Chaken collects such personal information in the normal course of providing services to you. These services include:
- Providing information in store;
- Processing online purchases and payments;
- Registering an online account
- Registering a loyalty account
- When you contact Chaken customer service;
- By instore CCTV
- Processing credit card purchases;
- Purchases and arranging product holds;
- Using Chaken social media accounts, pages and apps;
- Processing gift card, Pay Pal and purchases using third party service providers;
- Entering Chaken online and in store competitions;
- Using of social media accounts, apps and pages and log-ins (which may be hosted by third parties);
- Recording customer accident details;
- Processing refunds; and
- Signing up to receive Chaken email marketing communication.
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect personal information as detailed above, which we may use to:
- Customise our services,
- Process and complete transactions
- Provide you with information about our products, services and offers;
- Respond to your question
- Comply with any applicable legal obligations
- Conduct loyalty programs, competitions and promotions
- Improve our website, products, services and offers.
- To provide relevant consumer information and to provide marketing and re-marketing communications across Chaken sites, properties, stores and marketing channels.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In most circumstances personal information will be collected directly from you. Subject to applicable anti-spam laws, Chaken may use your personal information to keep you up to date with Chaken’s product ranges, specials, promotions and offers that you may be interested in including for direct marketing and to develop new product ranges and services that meet your needs. Specifically, you authorise Chaken to contact you regarding your purchase and use of our online store and in relation to any Chaken membership or loyalty programs that may be introduced.
Chaken does not sell or trade any personal information collected. However, we may share some of the personal information we collect with our related corporations and service providers, contractors who help us provide services, and/or trading partners. We often need to share your information with companies who perform parts of our service delivery. This may include:
- Members of the Chaken corporate group;
- Service providers e.g. IT service and software providers, systems administrators, mailing services, remarketing platforms, data analysis; and payment and order processors;
- Companies assisting Chaken with marketing and competitions;
- Regulatory authorities;
- Professional advisors; and
- Any other third party required by law.
When we share your personal information, Chaken will ensure that these third parties protect your privacy in accordance with applicable laws. Chaken may also publish some of your personal information on our website or social media pages where you have entered a competition or promotion run by Chaken.
Chaken may in turn receive unsolicited personal information about you from third parties or from you directly. For example, unsolicited information may come into our possession during the course of dealing with customer complaints or general enquiries. If it is clear to us that we should not have collected that information, Chaken will destroy or de-identify that information, provided it is lawful and reasonable to do so.
RETAINING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only retain your personal information as long as is necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was collected or as required by law. Your personal information is securely stored until such time as it is no longer required, after which it is destroyed, rendering it unable to identify you.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION UPDATED
We take care to keep the information in our records as accurate, complete and up to date as necessary for the purposes for which it is used. However, we also rely on you to tell us when your information changes. You may update your personal information by contacting us using our contact information in the “Contact Us/Complaints” section below.
EMAIL MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
If you have registered to receive email marketing communications from Chaken we reserve the right to contact you in regards to either Chaken and to create an account for you for any membership or loyalty programs. You can opt-out of receiving email marketing communications at any time. To manage your preferences or to unsubscribe, simply sign into your account and untick the ‘Manage Your Subscriptions’ box. Alternatively, you may click to unsubscribe from the bottom of any of our email marketing communications.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY